Pages

Sunday, June 13, 2010

5K Weekend and WI Day

I had a great weekend! I'm back down to 167.8, where I was before I started my gain.

My 5k was this weekend and it turned out great! I actually thought it was on Saturday morning, so I showed up to the park at 7:45, a day early (oops!). I just went back home and went to bed. On Sunday morning, I got up again and did the whole walk. Since it was located in a hilly area and it was pretty hot at 9 am, I walked most of it. I actually had a great time and I really liked that it helped to benefit a cause that really hits close to home (literally).

I also found a series of 10 minute workout videos on YouTube. They're actually created by Sparkpeople.com, an online diet plan. They're free and they're great for when you need a quick workout. This weekend I started the Swimsuit Bootcamp but I plan to do the other bootcamps that they offer. I found that the ten minute workouts were just not enough, so I've been doing the first session, cardio, and then continuing on to whichever episode I'm working on.

The Mr. and I went to see a movie this weekend and I utilized a tool that I had learned about in my meetings. Since we're Regal club members, we ended up with a free small popcorn. . . pretty cool, right? Since I've been guilty before of overeating movie theater popcorn, I asked for an empty water cup. I just scooped a serving into my cup and then counted the cups that I ate. I ended up eating three cups (3 points) and feeling pretty satisfied. It really felt good to know exactly how much popcorn I ate, since it's really one of those difficult things to guesstimate (remember that word from school?).

No comments:

Post a Comment