Pages

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Restaurant WIN!

Yesterday afternoon, my step-mom called to invite the Mr. and I to my dad's surprise dinner that night. Normally, this would cause panic mode to kick on, which really results in eating mode. Not this time. Since I had a few hours left (and quite a few points as well), I did what any smart WWer would do. . . take a peek at the menu before actually going to the restaurant. Luckily, there were quite a few healthy selections at this BBQ place.

Unfortunately, the rolls were just a bit too good. I didn't have any until right before our food came, but I ended up eating two.

I picked a grilled portabella mushroom sandwich on a whole wheat bun (with thyme mayo on the side) with grilled asparagus spears. It was really good! The mushroom had been marinated in balsamic vinegar and was to die for. I'm not sure if Weight Watchers is getting to me, but the mayonnaise really wasn't worth the points, although it did sound very good. The asparagus were cooked perfectly and were soft and crunchy at the same time.

* * *

Even with all of that food last night, I was still able to lose. I'm now down to 166.2, for a total loss of 23.6 pounds.

2 comments:

  1. That sandwich sounds delish!! glad you were able to fit in a last minute plan the smart way, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Stephanie! It was really good (and the leftovers were even better)!

    ReplyDelete