Pages

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Fake Zumba

I'm pretty new to my area and my husband and I make up 2/3 of the employees where I work. Because of this, I don't have many friends. I have one friend, Jessica, who lives very close (and for that I'm eternally thankful) but is a single mom right now so going out at night isn't usually an option. Her husband returns during the first week of July, which is when we're going to go out for a night on the town.

Lately, I've been curious about trying Zumba. I'm a little nervous and not having anyone to go with makes me even more scared to go. I know, this is not a big issue. Hell, I might even meet another friend. I still can't get myself to go.
Enter, Crunch: Cardio Salsa, or what I like to call Fake Zumba. It had pretty good reviews from actual Zumba fans (except for the Zumba instructor who didn't like it). While it's not the same, I definitely think it's a good substitute and a great workout. I worked out for about 20 minutes and earned 2.5 activity points (I was interrupted when my cousin called). It was a little difficult at times, but I got most of the moves after the demonstration. One thing that is completely and totally irrelevant is that the instructor's legs look strange. I'm pretty sure it was a combination of her dancin' legs and the pants that she was wearing, but it was definitely distracting. I finished off the rest of my APs with a long walk with the dog and the Mr.

1 comment:

  1. Give Zumba a try even if you don't have someone to go with! I know you feel dumb at first, believe me I did too, but you'll start to see some of the same people at the classes and maybe make some new friends.

    ReplyDelete